Application open between 10 June to 5 September 2022
Requirements and Procedure
After successfully completing this programme, you will have:
• Gained entrepreneurial and innovative skills
• Met students from around Europe and the world
• Experienced hands on learning in the field
• Expanded your network in the industry
• Obtained a MSc degree from three prestigious European universities
Interested in applying? Please see our admission requirements and procedures below.Apply now!
Applicants must meet the admission criteria of Montanuniversität Leoben. This includes:
All documents need to be presented in English. Students are selected and admitted to the programme based on their academic results, fulfilment of requirements, motivation and language skills.
* Students in their final year of a Bachelor degree are eligible to apply provided that they complete their degree before the start of the programme. Acceptance in the programme will then be conditional on the student obtaining the necessary degree. Proof of completion of the degree must be shown before the start of the program. All applicants must deliver an officially attested copy of an official Bachelor degree certificate. This is a condition for the acceptance and no enrolment to the university can be made before the delivery of this certificate. The copies of study certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or by a notary public.
** Please note that students who obtained their B.Sc. at one of the partner universities and nationals from the USA, U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are exempt from the English language test. Applicants who obtained a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned countries are also exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
***Students who obtained their B.Sc at one of the partner universities are also exempt from the two letters of recommendation.
**** Refundable if student is admitted.
European Mining Course (EMC) Admission for 22/23 at Montanuniversität Leoben
Thank you for your interest in starting the EMC programme at the Montanuniversität Leoben.
We hope the following information will be helpful to begin your journey:
https://www.unileoben.ac.at/en/studying/prospective-international-students/ and https://starter.unileoben.ac.at/en/studying/prospective-students/admission
Important notes for EMC applicants:
Make sure that you pre-register for the MA program “Mining and Tunnelling”.
When filling in the form
• Application for recognition of equivalence. Please enter. Mining and Tunnelling EMC”
• Intended field of study of the Master’s program of Montanuniversität Leoben. Please enter. Mining and Tunnelling EMC
• Name of the chairperson of the curriculum committee of intended field of study.. Please enter: Prof. Moser
1. Register at MU Leoben https://starter.unileoben.ac.at/en/studying/prospective-students/admission
2. Choose the master track Mining and Tunnelling.
3. After enrolment at MU Leoben, apply for student exchange to RWTH Aachen and Aalto University, according to the regular student exchange application procedure of MU Leoben.
4. If you apply to Aalto, see the application requirements for incoming exchange students https://into.aalto.fi/display/enuudet/How+to+apply